Download a PDF of my CV here.
LINDA S. MACAULAY
1064 Snapper Dam Road
Landisville, PA 17538
(717) 361-1554 (office) or (717) 575-2518 (cell)
Doctorate of Education in Instructional Technology, Towson University, December 2009.
Specialization in Leadership and Professional Development.
Dissertation Title: Elementary Principals as Technology Instructional Leaders
Advisor: Dr. David Wizer
Master’s of Science in Leadership for Teaching and Learning, Millersville University, May 2003.
Bachelor of Science in Education with Honors. Millersville University, May 1995.
Major: Elementary and Early Childhood Education Minor: Spanish
Honor’s Thesis Title: Two-Way Bilingual Education
PA Certification in Elementary Education (K-8), Early Childhood Education (N-3), Spanish (K-12), Supervisory – Curriculum and Instruction (K-12), and Principal (K-12)
Instructional Technologist. Elizabethtown College, Information and Technology Services, January 2013 to present.
- Support faculty and librarians as they explore appropriate uses of technology to support teaching and scholarly initiatives.
- Support classroom, online and blended courses.
- Develop training materials, teach workshops and provide one-to-one consulting to assist faculty and students with a broad range of teaching and learning technologies.
Lecturer, Towson University, Educational Technology & Literacy Dept., Fall 2008 to present.
- Teach undergraduate freshman seminar TSEM 102: Disruptive Innovation – How Technology Will Change the Way the World Learns in a hybrid (60% face-to-face and 40% online) format.
- Teach undergraduate general education requirement ISTC 201: Using Information Effectively in Education in a hybrid (60% face-to-face and 40% online) format.
- Teach technology course ISTC 702: Leadership & Technology in a 90% online format.
- Teach ISTC 301: Integrating Instructional Technology, a required course for all education majors.
- Teach ISTC 541: Foundations in Instructional Technology in a hybrid (50% online) format.
- Mentor faculty in the use of Blackboard and WebEx for online teaching and learning.
Student Teaching Supervisor. Millersville University, Elementary and Early Childhood Education Dept., Spring 2012.
- Supervised and evaluated 12 student teachers in K-6 public schools in Lancaster County.
- Designed and delivered seminars on classroom management, technology integration, and portfolios.
Adjunct Professor, Lancaster General College of Nursing & Health Sciences, Gen. Education Dept., Fall 2009 to Fall 2011.
- Teach CMP 101: Introduction to Computers, a skill-oriented technology course for health professionals both in a face-to-face traditional format and as a blended/accelerated course.
Adjunct Professor, Millersville University, Educational Foundations Dept., Summer 2003, Summer 2004, Fall 2004, Summer 2005, Summer and Fall 2006, Summer 2007, Summer 2008.
- Teach both graduate and undergraduate section of EDFN 320/520 Instructional Technology for Elementary Education, providing hands-on experiences with technology integration.
- Teach EDW 514: Classroom Presentation workshop to in-service teachers.
- Co-wrote new course about Technology and Leadership.
- Developed new Educator’s Workshop on Leadership for Effective Technology Integration.
Internship (Co-Instructor), Towson University, Dept. of Educational Technology & Literacy, Fall 2007.
- Designed, developed, and delivered graduate course content online for ISTC 702: Leadership & Technology.
- Assessed and facilitated student mastery of key leadership and technology issues.
- Differentiated instruction for students in library science, instructional leadership, and technology master’s programs.
Fifth Grade Teacher, Manheim Township School District, Nitrauer Elementary, August 1997 to June 2006.
- Served as building technology liaison from 1998 to the 2006; responsible for troubleshooting and maintenance of all computers, staff development, and assisting with technology budget.
- Awarded a grant for a mini-computer lab in my classroom, integrating technology in all subjects.
- Taught the 5th grade English component of the Spanish Immersion program.
- Taught advanced math section, where students won the regional Stock Market Game, May 2006.
- Assisted new teachers as a professional mentor.
- Served on the strategic planning committee for cultural awareness and critical thinking.
- Participated in the district technology plan committee, district Act 148 committee, Foreign Language in the Elementary School (FLES) committee, and Intermediate Report Card committee.
- Adapted and accommodated curriculum successfully for diverse learners.
Sixth Grade Social Studies Teacher, Pequea Valley School District, Pequea Valley Inter. School, Sept. 1996 to June 1997.
Second Grade Teacher, Wyomissing Area School District, Wyomissing Hills Elementary, September 1995 to June 1996.
Invited Consultant – Maryland Society of Educational Technology (MSET) Administrator Technology Leadership Toolkit Project, Productivity & Professional Practice Module, September-October 2010.
Educational Technology and Literacy, Towson University, Fall 2007 and Spring 2008
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE:
Chief Educational Officer and Treasurer, Niagara Cabling, Inc. dba Max Audio Video 2004 to the present
- Responsible for administrative tasks of the corporation including basic accounting, payroll, and answering phones.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring new employees.
PUBLICATIONS and PAPER PRESENTATIONS:
Macaulay, L. & Dyer, L. (2013, April). Understanding best practices and the impact of WebEx on student learning in online and hybrid college courses. Paper presented at the SLOAN-C Emerging Technologies Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
Lohnes Watulak, S., Macaulay, L., Sandhu, S. and Kaus, D. (2013). Using teacher portfolios for performance evaluation: A review of the literature. Literature Review under review for publication in Review of Educational Research.
Wizer, D., Song, L. & Macaulay, L. (2012, March). Integrating Universal Design for Learning principles to enhance technology integration courses. Paper presented at the Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, Austin, TX.
Macaulay, L. & Dyer, L. (2011, November 14). Interactive web conferencing brings big benefits to the online classroom. Faculty Focus. Available from: http://www.facultyfocus.com/articles/teaching-with-technology-articles/interactive-web-conferencing-brings-big-benefits-to-the-online-classroom/
Macaulay, L. & Wizer, D. (2011, February). Elementary principals as technology instructional leaders. Paper presented at 2011 Annual Conference of the Eastern Educational Research Association, Sarasota, FL.
Macaulay, L. & Dyer, L. (2010, October). Best practices and benefits of interactive web conferencing via WebEx. Best Practices Session presented at E-Learn, Orlando, FL.
Macaulay, L. (2010, October). Elementary principals as technology instructional leaders. Full paper presented at E-Learn, Orlando, FL.
Macaulay, L. (2010, June). Effective technology leadership: A framework for administrators. Paper – Roundtable Discussion presented at ISTE 2010, Denver, CO.
Macaulay, L. (2010, March). Most useful web 2.0 tool. ISTE SigAdmin Spring 2010 Newsletter.
Macaulay, L. & Wizer, D. (2010, February). Elementary principals as technology instructional leaders. Paper presented at Annual Conference of the Eastern Educational Research Association, Savannah, GA.
Macaulay, L. (2009, June 30). Technology integration for elementary principals. Paper presented at the National Education Computing Conference (NECC), Baltimore, MD.
Macaulay, L. (2008, November). Elementary principals as technology instructional leaders. Brief paper presented at E-Learn, Las Vegas, NV.
Macaulay, L. (2013, February). Using iPads for Grading and Feedback. Presentation for PETE&C, Hershey, PA.
Macaulay, L. (2012, February). Best Practices for Synchronous Online Learning. Invited virtual presentation for PETE&C, Hershey, PA.
Macaulay, L. (2011, November). Best Practices Using Interactive Web Conferencing. Invited presentation for Maryland Distance Learning Association Fall Event, Anne Arundel Community College, Hanover, MD.
Macaulay, L. (2011, October). Best Practices for Online Synchronous Teaching and Learning. Invited presentation for Visiting Chinese Administrators, Towson University, Towson, MD.
Macaulay, L. (2011, August). Teaching with Webex. Invited presentation for Center for Instructional Advancement and Technology (CIAT), Towson University, Towson, MD.
Macaulay, L. (2010, October). Using SafeAssign in Blackboard. Invited presentation at Educational Technology & Literacy Dept., Towson University, Towson, MD.
Macaulay, L. (2009, December). Effective teaching online in Blackboard. Invited presentation for the Lancaster General College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Lancaster, PA.
Macaulay, L. (2009, July). Interactive Powerpoint. Invited presentation at the Towson University PDS Technology Day, Towson, MD.
Macaulay, L. (2007, November). Effective technology integration. Invited presentation at the Learning, Teaching, and Technology Conference, Harrisburg Area Community College.
MSDE & Towson University E-Portfolio Project – Fall 2012 to present
Manuscript Reviewer – International Journal of Leadership in Education, Spring 2012 to present
Awards Committee Member – Towson University, Fall 2010 to present
Undergraduate Course Creation – “Current Issues in Education: Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns”, for Towson University, Department of Educational Technology and Literacy, October 2010.
Technology Faculty Mentor – Towson University, College of Education, Fall 2010 & Spring 2011.
Full Grant Reviewer – 2010 HP Catalyst Initiative, The “New Learner” Consortium, August 2010.
Full Grant Reviewer – 2009 HP Technology for Teaching Grant Initiative for the 6-12 Latin America Grant Program, April 2009
Full Grant Reviewer – 2009 HP Technology for Teaching Grant Initiative for Higher Education, March 2009
Proposal Reviewer – 2009 National Education Computing Conference (NECC), October 2008.
Full Grant Reviewer – 2008 HP Technology for Teaching Grant Initiative for the K12 Grant Program, March 2008
Educator Workshop Creation – “Leadership for Effective Technology Integration in Elementary Classrooms”, for Millersville University, Professional Training and Education, June 2007.
Graduate Course Creation – “Technology Leadership in Schools”, for Millersville University, Educational Foundations, May 2006.
ISTE Teacher Educators Special Interest Group (SIGTE) Graduate Student Scholarship – June 2009
Towson Graduate School Association Travel Award – July 2008 & June 2009
MICCA Conference Scholarship – April 2008
Burton, Dietz, Jones, & Rosecrans Graduate Fellowship in Instructional Tech, Towson, Fall 2008
- New to Online: Converting Your Course, SLOAN-C Workshop – April 2013
- Successful Online Outcomes: Improved Discussions, SLOAN-C Workshop – March 2013
- Assessment Techniques for Collaborative Teams, SLOAN-C Workshop – March 2013
- Successful Online Outcomes: ADA and Accommodation on the Web, SLOAN-C Workshop – February 2013
- Assessment Techniques in Online Learning, SLOAN-C Workshop – January 2013
- Effective Leadership for Online Learning, SLOAN-C Workshop – May 2012
- Hybrid Learning Pushes Personalization Forward, EdWeek.org Webinar – December 2011
- Total Participation Techniques, ASCD Webinar – October 2011
- Synchronous Activities for the Blended Classroom, SLOAN-C Workshop – July 2011
- Dynamic Collaboration, Discussion & Facilitation Practices, SLOAN-C Workshop – July 2011
- Asynchronous Tools for the Blended Classroom, SLOAN-C Workshop – June 2011
- Blackboard 9.1, Towson University – Winter 2011
- Using Ungraded Writing to Foster Learning, Towson University – Winter 2011
- Interactive Whiteboards – Smart & Promethian – Spring 2010
- ISTE Webinar – “From Good to Great Photos” – February 2009
- MICCA Technology Conference – April 2008
- Learning, Teaching, and Technology Conference, HACC, November 2007
- PA Educational Technology Conference, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2004
- Manheim Township Sch. Dist. Technology Workshops – Web Design and Claris Homepage, Claris Works, Internet and E-mail, Troubleshooting Macs, File Maker Pro, SASI, Compass Learning, Blackboard.com, 1996 to 2007
- How to Grade For Learning: Grading and Reporting in Standards-based Learning Workshop, March 2002
- Discipline with Dignity Workshop, March 1996.
- Positive Discipline Workshop, April 1997
- Classroom Meetings Workshop, April 1997
International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), 2003 to present
Eastern Educational Research Association (EERA), 2010 to 2012
Maryland Association for Educators Using Technology (MICCA), 2008 to 2009
National Education Association, 1997 to 2007
Pennsylvania State Education Association, 1997 to 2007
Association for Curriculum and Development (ASCD), 1999 to 2004